Anfield Stadium

Last updated : 15 October 2023 By LFC Online

Anfield is the home of Liverpool Football Club, since their formation in 1892. It was originally the home of Everton from 1884 to 1891, before they moved to Goodison Park.

The stadium has four stands: the Spion Kop, the Main Stand, the Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand and the Anfield Road.

Two gates at the stadium are named after former Liverpool managers: Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley. Both managers have been honoured with statues outside the stadium: Shankly's unveiled in 1997 by the Kop Stand and Paisley's in 2020 by the Main Stand. 

The Anfield Road Stand is currently being redeveloped to bring the stadium capacity to around 61,000. It was due to be completed in time for the 23/24 season but is facing delays.